Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Take Me Home


"Country roads, take me home, home...where I belong"... what a great John Denver song. It's not that I don't like Ecuador, nope, it's just that I REALLY REALLY REALLY love home. And with only 20 days left before I'm on a blessed plane bound for home I can't think of much else. In my defense it has been over 7 months since I was home. Over 7 months since I've seen my parents and my little sister, Tara. That's a long time. And I think my cravings for American food are getting the best of me. Mostly, I think I just really miss loved ones. And my own culture. Fall is such a traditional time of year for us, what with all of our holidays and traditions for the changing seasons, and it happens to be my favorite time of year and I'm a bit sad to miss all of it. I was reading the Odyssey recently and came across a quote that I really liked, "I know no sweeter sight on earth than a man's own native country". That may never ring so true to me as it does right now. I never realized how much I love the United States until I left it twice this year. Not that I regret it, it's just that I'm really ready to be done. So, as I cram these last 3 weeks to finish my classes, and as I lose internet access in 11 days, pray for my sanity. I'll be home soon but not soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment