Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last One

Alrighty, I think that I have decided I'm not very into this whole blog thing. Because this whole trip during my conversations with Becky, I keep saying "Oh, I should write a blog about that" and then I never do. So, had I been a better blogger I would have wrote about the man on the bus who made the bus driver turn down the music so he could talk to us and proceeded to hold a conversation with us while yelling for the whole bus to hear. He was just on for a few minutes, selling something but felt a need to ask us if we are married and to warn us about falling in love with Ecuadorian men and told me my eyes are the color of the sky. It was a wonderfully embarrassing conversation that the entire bus listened to and the girls behind us were getting a kick out of it and laughing up a storm.
I also would have wrote about the old man on the beach last Monday who was selling his little tray of packaged cookies and chips and gum. He danced a jig for us while singing about something or another. He then talked to us and got really excited that we are from the states and told us how he loves talking with people. He then danced another jig and sang a song about how he's traveled all over Ecuador and we are the most beautiful women he's ever seen.
I would also have written about the man we met at the mall who is from Miami and has lived in Ecuador for the past 8 years because he believes the white race is going to be exterminated in the U.S. He turned out to be the most racist man I've ever met and I'm pretty sure he is an apostate who would love to be a polygamist in the Andes mountains. He kept telling Becky and I how beautiful and white we are and that the only beautiful women left in the world are Mormon, that we have a light in our faces. We defended President Monson and kept taking steps back as he took steps forward.
I also would have written about seeing iguanas in the wild for the first time.
And seeing the moon for the first time in Ecuador a few weeks ago. And how I saw 7 stars today and that was a really big deal.
And how I feel like a good teacher and understand the workshop finally.
And how I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Becky and our only American friend, Ethan. It was a huge success.
And how I rode a bike on the route of the waterfalls and saw the tallest waterfall in Ecuador. And I 4-wheeled up a volcano. And I went to the Amazon.
That's all I can think about right now. We lose internet at midnight tonight since it's the end of the month. So this is the last entry from Ecuador. It's been fun. It's been the hardest experience of my life but also possibly the most rewarding. I'm grateful for all of my experiences and I'm glad that Becky and I have become such great friends. I've learned a ton and am excited to get back to the states and get on with life, applying all of the things that I've learned here. So, we are taking off on December 10th and until then we are spending 6 of the next 9 days at the beach. It's gonna be great. So, see ya'll soon!

1 comment: