Thursday, March 11, 2010

I have been selected!

I have been anxiously awaiting an envelope from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs at UT-Austin notifying me of whether I have been selected for admission to pursue my Master of Global Policy Studies.  Today, I sat down at my desk after being away for about an hour, and opened up an e-mail from admissions.  There it was.  My anti-climactic acceptance to their school!  
While simply clicking on an e-mail was not nearly as exciting as it would have been to tear open the sealed envelope holding pretty UT Stationary, sure to be filled with exlamation points and positive words of acceptance, I am still thrilled! And, the letter will follow shortly, and perhaps that letter will be filled with exlamation points at the end of some large sum of money that they are offering me to attend their school.  That would provide enough excitement to make up for finding out about my acceptance by e-mail.  
In other news, I had a very successful interview with A&M and should find out about their decision shortly.  I was nervous for the interview, but shouldn't have been.  If you get me talking about my professional goals and experiences, I get on a soap box and go on about my passion for international development forever.  They were extremely impressed with my field experience and what I'm doing now as well as my expressed enthusiasm.  Right now I am still saying that UT is my top choice.  But in reality, who really knows.  I haven't ever visited either school.  I need to visit, attend a few classes, check out the singles wards, and check out the cities.  Austin is a REALLY cool city though, so it gets big points for that.  I'll keep ya'll posted on what I end up deciding to do! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That's way exciting and sounds like it can open some pretty good doors for you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete